Who We Are
The Kokonas Indastri Koporesen (KIK) is the statutory regulatory institution for the coconut industry in Papua New Guinea.
We focus on the Development of Industry MSME’s for High Value Coconut products and market access,
Bio-security measures against pest and diseases and the coconut replanting program in the different
districts of Papua New Guinea.
Expanding our traditional copra focus to a broader high value coconut downstream focusing emphasis, we
regulate the coconut industry here in the country.
Kokonas Indastri Koporesen
Papua New Guinea
Coconut for Life & Wealth Creation
According to the most recent national census figures, a total of 464,328 households (35% of the total households in PNG or an estimated 2.6 million people) are engaged in coconut activities in PNG to either generate income and/or as food to supplement their livelihoods.Coconut is the fourth most significant agriculture cash crop in terms of its economic importance to Papua New Guinea.
Selling High Value Coconut Products
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Agronomy Farming Systems
INSPECTION & LICENSING
Buyer, Processor & Exporter
Visit the KIK Video Gallery for more videos of the Coconut Industry in Papua New Guinea
The videos highlight the work of Kokonas Indastri Koporesen in Papua New Guinea.
- Improve productivity, production, product quality and market access of Higher Valued coconut products (HVCP).
- Safeguarding the Coconut Industry from Pests & Diseases
- Promote the investment in and consumption and export of coconut products;
- Coconut Bio Fuel
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points certification for Local SME’s producing and selling of HVCP.
- General Trend of the Coconut Industry in Papua New Guinea.