|Position Title||Senior Product Development Officer|
|Division||Research & Development|
|Reports To||Manager – Product Diversification|
|Location||Stewart Research Station, Madang|
|Approved By||KIK Board|
To assist in the development of downstream products of coconut, maintaining accuracy of regulatory and customer data, documentation of the process, and releasing information to stakeholders. Collating and communicating new data to regulatory authorities and to internal operational & quality teams and collating data to show overarching portfolio view of the product line.
2. Essential Duties
- To support the Product Diversification Manager in the development, maintenance and review of coconut product qualifications and End Point Assessments.
- To maintain and administrate Regulatory Data for Coconut products and qualifications. Maintenance of all Coconut Qualification Specification documentation, and ensure records are consistent with the Coconut Product Development Process.
- To manage qualification binds with operational teams including being the primary point of contact for all SMEs.
- To maintain the qualification/product pipeline database including updating the pipeline on a monthly basis and collating the overall impact on projected income budget.
- To support others on the production of product information and materials for use by centers and learners.
- To understand the requirements of the Apprenticeship Frameworks and Trailblazer end point assessments offered by the Industry and to advise on the relevant qualifications that need to be developed for regulation.
- To review and update departmental policies and procedures as required by the Product Development Manager and GM Research & Development.
3. Supervisory Responsibilities
Manages and supervise the Product Development Officer and Assistant Product Development Officer in implementing product diversification activities.
4. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- An understanding of the regulatory requirements for the design, assessment and awarding of regulated qualifications.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems and office packages.
- Understanding of the principles of quality assurance.
- Experience of working within a quality-controlled system.
- Experience of co-ordinating projects.
- Experience of successful delivery working in a commercially competitive environment, meeting demanding timeframes.
- A general understanding and knowledge of Functional Skills and End Point Assessment requirements
- Experience of organising and co-ordinating meetings for groups of people.
- Understanding of current developments in education, training and assessment
- Understanding of Apprenticeship frameworks and standards
5. Skills & Attributes
Normally a Degree in either Applied Science or Agriculture Science or its equivalent from a recognised university is required. Should have at least five (2) years related work experience in the coconut industry or a related commodity industry.
In addition, the following are also essential for the position:
- Ability to act and think logically
- Ability to work to timescales and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and Verbal
- High level of accuracy with proof reading skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Able to build and maintain effective team working relationships across both internal and external contact.
Note: Short listed applicants will ONLY be contacted
All applications should be lodged no later than 4:06pm Friday 19th pf February 2021 and address
[Position & Designation]
Kokonas Indastri Koporesen
PO Box 81
National Capital District
Attention: Manager Human Resource & Administration