|Position Title||Senior Economist|
|Division||Industry Services Division (IS)|
|Reports To||Manager AgriBusiness & Marketing|
|Location||Head Office, Port Moresby|
|Approved By||KIK Board|
Senior Economist reports to the Manager – Agribusiness Marketing and this position is based in Port Moresby. The incumbent will compile, analyze and manage data and information related to coconut development issues in PNG.
2. Essential Duties
- Develops and monitors a relevant database on coconut development projects in PNG.
- Liaises with stakeholders to prepare reports on coconut research, development, extension, marketing and quality issues for the industry stakeholders.
- Analyses copra buying, processing and exporting data for preparing quarterly coconut market reports for the coconut industry stakeholders.
- Participates in agriculture surveys, rapid rural appraisals and other socio-economic surveys for the coconut sector.
- Monitors donor funding information and tracking systems.
- Other duties as assigned by the Industry Affairs Manager from time to time
3. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
4. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Normally a Bachelor’s degree in Economics or an equivalent qualification from a recognized college or university with at least five years of related work experience.
In addition, the following are also essential for the position:
- Must possess skills in Microsoft excel and access programs for processing and analyzing data.
- Good writing and communication skills needed for preparation of reports and project proposals.
Note: Short listed applicants will ONLY be contacted
All applications should be lodged no later than 4:06pm Friday 19th pf February 2021 and address
[Position & Designation]
Kokonas Indastri Koporesen
PO Box 81
National Capital District
Attention: Manager Human Resource & Administration